Best Practice Guidelines
Bringing back the Bite to.......Education
We all love using our oceans, our beaches and our seafood!
LegaSea wants to help out all Kiwi’s, so that we can continue to use our oceans, but use them sustainably and with respect. And so we can leave a legacy for our kids.
We’re going to give you ideas, tips and info that you can use when you’re out enjoying our oceans, to look after them at the same time.
We think it’s important to take care in a manner of different ways, whether it’s to do with fishing, what to do with your waste, what you should and shouldn’t touch or minimising your ‘footprint’.
Up & coming projects...
- We will be working with the Southern Seabird Solutions on best practice guidelines with catching, or preferably avoiding catching, seabirds while fishing. Watch this space!
- LegaSea will produce a number of videos to help educate the NZ public on the best possible practices whilst at sea:
- Videos on using the WHOLE fish!
- Videos on handling captured fish & how to quickly kill a fish.
- Videos on how to return fish successfully and healthily to sea.
…and more. We’ll keep you posted!
We’re sure you’ll find this page useful – fisherman or not – so keep checking as the page develops